Connecting Gutters to Downpipes
- If your downpipe is a straight drop, it’s a straight push fit connection on to the neck of the outlet. There is no solvent or silicon required as the pipes may need to be dismantled for cleaning.
- If you have an offset bend or if you need to create a swan neck around your eaves, you can do one of 2 things. You can either attach the offset bend with a simple push up, or, if you need to extend the running outlet slightly, add a piece of excess downpipe then attach the offset bend with a simple push.
- This premise applies to any gutter system- round, square, deep flow.
- If you’re using a square gutter system but prefer the circular downpipe, you can use an adapter which pushes up to the neck of the outlet.
- With the ogee system, there is the choice of both. There is an octagonal neck to the running outlet which means a square and a circular downpipe will fit to the neck without the need for any additional adapters.
For any further information, please see the guides and tips section on our website.