XtraFlo Gutter - How To Make a Swan Neck
Making a Swan Neck with Industrial Guttering can sometimes cause confusion due to the different types of fittings available. Gutter Supplies demonstrate the correct components to use in this short video.
Industrial Gutters are perfect for industrial, commercial and agricultural buildings or building with a very large roof area. They usually come in 150mm width, but our Floplast Xtraflo Industrial Gutters system comes in 170mm width, thus giving it a much higher capacity and flow rate.
Swan neck bends are the two bends, or the fitting, that returns you from eaves back into the wall. For this project you wil need:
- The running outlet
- SP440 fitting - ring seal one end, solvent weld the other end
- A small piece of guttering pipe
- SP435 fitting - solvent weld socket one end, spigot at the other end
- The guttering downpipe with a ring seal socket
- The first fitting you will need is an SP 440 fitting that has a ring seal at one end and a solvent weld at the other. Push the ring seal end up onto the running outlet as far as it can go.
- Next, measure the distance from the SP 440 fitting back to the wall.
- Cut a piece of pipe to this length.
- Take you SP 435 fitting which has a solvent weld at one end a spigot at the other, which can be solvent welded onto the other end of your piece of pipe, giving you the swan neck shape.
- Finally, attach your downpipe by pushing the ring seal socket end up towards the swan neck fitting.